Deadline to apply: April 3, 2017
The Design Trust for Public Space seeks an enthusiastic and energetic Development Assistant to support the organization’s fundraising program. The Development Assistant will work closely with the Development Manager and the rest of the staff to maintain and expand diverse funding sources to support the Design Trust’s projects and general operations.
The Development Assistant will be a talented individual who plays an integral role in increasing revenue for and capacity of the organization. S/he must share our passion about public space and our mission. S/he will assist in all development activities and support important fundraising events, campaigns, correspondence, and data tracking with individual donors, foundations, and corporations. The Assistant also will work collaboratively with the Design Trust’s dedicated board, and staff of seven.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organization and Project Support: Work with Development Manager and Director of Programs to research Foundation, Government, and Corporate prospects for project support. Draft grant proposals and reports for project funding.
- Gift Processing: Record incoming gifts in database, prepare monthly gift reports, and coordinate timely acknowledgements for all gifts received.
- Data and File Management: Maintain accurate donor files. Ensure data integrity by identifying and implementing regular data cleanup projects for all donor records.
- Event Planning: Assist in Annual Benefit planning and production. Assist with planning and execution of donor events (4 to 6 Design Trust Council events and 1 annual Founder’s Circle dinner).
- General: Research current and prospective donors and assist with special projects as needed. Prepare and manage logistics and distribution of development mailings.
Required Background, Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree and 1-3 years of related work experience preferred.
- Team player and thrives in a small-office environment.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and positive attitude essential
- Strong computer literacy required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, FileMaker, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
The Design Trust offers a competitive salary based on experience and an excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, and 401k with an employer match). In addition, Design Trust employees receive ample vacation and sick time, enjoy a flexible work environment, and the opportunity to work with a talented team of individuals on public space projects that have a real impact on New York City’s urban environment.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted via email only and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates short-listed for the first round of interviews will be notified. No phone calls or office visits please.
To apply, send the following as one complete PDF file:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position, with salary requirements
- Your resume (2 pages maximum)
- A writing sample (development-related)
Name your PDF file “lastname_firstname.pdf” and send your complete application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant Application” written in the Subject Line.
Deadline to apply is Monday, April 3, 2017.